Mar 12, 2016

WWE Roadblock Was What We Expected



Well, WWE Roadblock was sadly everything I thought it was going to be. I wish I had been wrong, I really do. But in the end it was a house show. A house show with some damn good matches, some average ones, and very little immediate importance. There were high points though, and some things that can be built on moving forward. But let's just talk about the main event, which the show was built around.

Make no mistake about it, Dean Ambrose vs. Triple H was a fantastic match. HHH looked good despite his very limited match schedule. The crowd could've shown some more enthusiasm for the first three quarters of it, but it was a great bout nonetheless. Yes, Ambrose pinned Triple H and for all intents and purposes, proved that he could beat him and win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. That's great. Here's where I have a problem with the finish: what about that match changes or adds to Wrestlemania 32? Unless I'm getting ahead of myself (which is doubtful, sadly) and this Monday's Raw sees Ambrose getting closer to a title match rather than a singles vs. Lesnar, then we're right back where we started. If we even went anywhere in the first place. There could have been a heel turn, a storyline shift to add interest to 'Mania....anything.

So, again I ask, what about this main event made me more excited for Wrestlemania 32? Unfortunately, nothing. I'd hate for this to be a completely negative article. We must keep in mind how good Ambrose looks coming out of this loss. This match will probably benefit him in the future. But what about Roman Reigns vs. Triple H? It's going to be damn near impossible for them to follow the main event we just witnessed at Roadblock. Now there's just hard evidence that the wrong main event will take place at 'Mania 32.

On Monday, we will watch Raw and hope for something to change based on Roadblock. I'd hate to give my hopes up again, seeing as how it hasn't seemed to work out too well. Believe me though, Lesnar vs. Ambrose will be one helluva match, but that doesn't feel the same as the "what if's" we had going into Roadblock.

Again, the Roadblock main event was fantastic and fun. It's just the context and the point and time we're at that leaves a bit to be desired. I'm not sure what else to say except, we'll have to wait and watch this Monday for Raw. But hey, maybe that's a good thing. At least I 'hope' so.

Brady Sauvageau
The Heater

-It should be noted though, Bray Wyatt and Brock Lesnar never really got into it during the handicap match that included Luke Harper. We'll have to wait and see if this is addressed sooner, rather than later (Wrestlemania match implications).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts